Parajunkee has set up a New Year’s Challenge and has questions set over 14 days and I will try and answer as many as possible
HOW DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING MORE FOLLOWERS THIS YEAR?
- Interact more on social media (twitter, commenting on blogs etc) with publishers, writers and readers
- Write the best possible content – not only new content, but reviewing what I’ve written previously and updating where appropriate
- Post regularly – I’m planning on every two days
- Write more than just reviews
- Make sure my Social Media messages are set up more effectively, making use of Hash Tags etc
- Dont rely on one tweet to do all the work for me
- Make use of sites such as BookBloggers and Blognation to get my presence known
- Have made sure that my “Follow Me via email” widget is available on all pages – this wasnt there before and I couldnt work out why people weren’t subscribing. It was because they couldn’t!
- Using tools such as HootSuite to make sure my message gets out there not just when I remember to go online
- Remembering to reply to comments on my own blog