I can go a long time without buying books (6 months? 8 months?). That’s not the same as without acquiring books. I have several ways of doing this:
- Sites like Netgalley where I can download ebooks I’ve been approved for.
- Sites like Amazon (leave me alone!) where I can get free ebooks sent straight to my kindle
- Authors and publishers who contact me directly to review their books
- Social Media interaction with publishers (twitter, google+ etc)
- Bookcrossing – having a wishlist over there so that people can offer me books, with the addition of the regular meetings and the bookshelves around the city where I can find books I might pick up.
- Oddly enough – the local library is not on my list. I simply have too many books, and use the city library for other reasons!
So what about you, constant reader? How do you survive?