If I was locked in a book shop overnight I would:
- Play in the lifts, collecting up those books I wish to get through
- Raid the accessories, such as the bookmarks, the lamps, the postcards etc.
- Tidy the tables, as there is ALWAYS untidy piles
- See if I can work out the coffee machine, and if there are any cakes left in the fridge
- Find where the comfy chairs are and settle down with my goodies and read the rest of the night.
I dont know if I would do what this American tourist did, which is tweet the bookstore, asking to be let out…..Waterstones did the right thing and turned it into a positive, and a sleepover, with Poirot and Jeeves being some of the special guests
And here’s a list of games to play from the people over at BookRiot, especially if there’s more than one of you…
What else would you do if you were locked in a bookstore overnight?