Here are my 11 worst thing about always having your nose in a book:
- Finishing one book and realising the next one is hours away (usually when you’re on a 5 hour trip, the battery on your audiobook backup has failed, and you will get to your destination after the bookshops have closed). Especially when….
- You realise just how many books you have to read even once.
- You realise just how many books you want to read again
- Knowing you can take only one book with you, and have to choose between the one with 100 pages left (that might just last you) or start the new one (so you wont find out what happens in the first one till later….).
- Choosing a book to take with you, only to find the last 80 pages are the beginning of the next book
- People wanting to talk to you whilst in public (e.g. at lunch or on the train) even when it’s clear you just want to read
- Choosing handbags based on how big a book you can fit inside
- Mispronouncing words because you’ve never actually heard them out loud—you’ve only read them in books.
- Watching an adaptation and the need to point out when they *get it wrong* (or chop bits out)…..BUT GIMLI IS A BRUNETTE!
- Finding out that coworkers not only don’t like the books you do, but admit they don’t read
- Family members who don’t hear the “I haven’t read this so I need it back” when lending them a book, only for them to give it away when finished and you never see it again
Do you have any problems to add to the list?