Day 7 of Parajukee’s New Year’s Challenge and the question is Top ten blogger peeves of 2015. I dont have 10 peeves, but here is my list
- Social Media is both a help and a hinderance. Some authors (especially the newer/less experienced ones) don’t know when to let it go – or be able to distinguish between commentary on the work and commentary on the author, so pick a fight over it. To quote Frozen “let it go, let it go”. Unless you are in the anti-troll superstar ranks of Joanne Harris or James Blunt (both known for being Troll Baiters) then you’re not going to win.
- Once again, 2015 saw authors not reading my review policy. Therefore I got requests to review (amongst other things):
- poetry (top of the list of “things I do not read or review”);
- badly formatted emails with multiple colours/fonts/links (I’m colour blind, with an attention span for people I don’t know of about 3 seconds – I’m not going searching for details of your books. If you can’t be arsed to tell me, why should I be arsed to go look?) ;
- emails with books attached (oh, the arrogance that I will read your book, so you send me a copy before I even accept);