It’s now becoming traditional for me to set goals at the beginning of the year, then reflect how I’ve done by the end. Many of these are based on resolutions from previous years, which I have had mixed results in achieving.
- Increase subscribers to this blog to 1100, excluding twitter followers
- Increase annual page hits to this blog (to 12000)
- Increase twitter followers to @brumnordie (to 1100)
- Read and review 60 books. 50% to be paperbooks or audiobooks.
- Post at least twice a week
- Mamet use of sharing with Facebook groups as appropriate.
- Make better use of twitter, including the analytics, scheduling content.
- Take part in twitter chats such as #Blogtacular #bookbloggers etc
- Ensure about and contact details are maintained and up to date.
- Make use of scheduling and planning software as appropriate.
- Take part in blogging challenges, such as Bloggiesta, as and when I remember!
- Continue doing more non-review posts, such as Sunday Salon posts, which I hope people find interesting – they certainly generate comments!
- Look to do more non book related posts – get out into Birmingham more and write about stuff! This includes stuff at the museums etc.
- do more posts about sewing, my cross stitch and quilting in particular. I’m not putting numbers on this.
- Comment more on other people’s blogs – I’m not going to put a number on this as it’ll be a nightmare to track. Just “do more”.
- Release more books via Bookcrossing. I still have half a crate left over from the closure of a couple of OBCZs and the bookcrossing UK meetup in Birmingham in September 2016
- Reorganise my bookshelves (Haven’t been done in two years – about time they’re done!)