September 2016: please note that I am currently not accepting review requests for the foreseeable future. This is because I have too many books and not enough time in the day to give the correct level of attention to new books/authors. This page will be updated once I am in the position to take on requests again.
I am currently not giving out my email address. If I have not responded positively to your request for an interview or review within 72 hours, please accept this as a polite “no thanks” (chasers to see if I’m going to read your book, after I’ve not responded to all previous requests will only ensure that I will NOT be reading your book. Please take the hint).
Please note that as someone living in the UK, I am unable to make use of downloading content from Amazon.com.
My review Policy is as follows:
- I never read poetry, rarely read nonfiction, but do review the occasional biography, cookbook, craft book.
- I am not a fan of Christian (or generally religious) Fiction. I have read it, have even reviewed it, but generally don’t give an overall favourable review, due to my own personal reaction to this kind of fiction. It can be the greatest, best-written novel on the planet, but best if I don’t get asked to write a review.
I read paper books, ebooks and listen to audiobooks.
The Genres I prefer to read include
- Mystery and Thrillers,
- Golden Age (e.g. Christie, Marsh, Tey)
- “Women’s Fiction” (what ever that is!)
- Romance (historical and modern, including “spicy”).
- Graphic Novels,
- Sci fi and Fantasy,
- Literature and Fiction,
- Historical Fiction.
I post reviews to
- Goodreads (as Nordie),
- Librarything (as Nordie),
- My own wordpress blog (https://nordie.wordpress.com).
- For paperbooks that I share with other readers, these can be tracked through bookcrossing.com (as Nordie). I do not share ebooks.
- Netgalley (as Nordie) if received from there
These reviews also get promoted on Twitter (@brumnordie) and google+.
I do not post reviews to Amazon.
I rarely accept requests to review Self Published books of any genre and each request will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please do not get offended if I decline to read your book.
Asking me to pay full purchase price for your book in exchange for a free review will ensure your request gets ignored. My time reading and reviewing is as valuable as yours in writing your book.
I do not charge for writing or promoting reviews, but in turn will write an honest feedback on what I thought of the book. This means that not all reviews will be 5* (and in fact, I don’t give out Stars).
I am willing to do author interviews and giveaways, as well as reviews. Please note that I do not accept promotions via comments or twitter.